Project > When view: This view allows you to display and organize your tasks in a timeline. This view is the representation of a Gantt chart.
You can perform several actions, you will find the list below.
- Plan a project
- Create and schedule a task
- Reschedule, extend or shorten a task
- Create a sequence of tasks
- Create links
- Create milestones
- Reschedule a project
- Display task status
- Display overtime
- Time display
- Change display settings
Plan a project in the When view
Create and schedule a new task
Use the “New task” field below the task list to add a new task to the project. Once you have typed the name of the task, hit “Enter” or click on the “+” .
Schedule an existing task (not yet scheduled) directly in the schedule. On the line corresponding to this task in the schedule, click on the start or end date of your task:
Once this task is added to the schedule, you will be able to change its duration.
Reschedule, extend or shorten a task
To modify the duration or dates of a task directly in the schedule:
- To reschedule a task, use drag-and-drop
- To extend or shorten a task, position your cursor at one end of the task and use the handles to change the duration
If this modification affects one or several linked tasks, these tasks are automatically moved. If a milestone task prevents moving, this limit is indicated by an orange zone.
To modify the duration or dates of a task in the task details panel:
Click on a task in the schedule to display the When tab of the task details window. You can then change the dates, times and duration.
Create a sequence of tasks
Use the links between the tasks if the tasks must be carried out in a specific order. For example, if task B cannot start until task A is completed.
To learn more, read our article dedicated to links.
Milestones are important steps in a project. They mark a deadline, a stopping point in a process. It can be a delivery date, a step requiring validation…
To learn more, read our article dedicated to milestones.
Reschedule a project
The “Project from” _ “to” field (located at the bottom of the planning window) is automatically completed with the start date of the first task of your project and the end date of the last task.
If you change the start or end date of the project, it is then moved as a whole and keeps the organization of the tasks.
Display task status
A color code is used to display the status of tasks according to their schedule:
- Red: late
- Orange: in progress
- Gray: coming soon
- Green: finished
When the time logged on a task exceed its scheduled duration, the excess is materialized in the form of hatches.
You can use the toggle button at the top left to switch to viewing time management by member and by task.
Visit this article dedicated to the display of time to learn more.
Change display settings
- You can display your tasks in chronological order, by task list or in a custom order. Click on the drop-down menu on top of the list of tasks to change the display. In the custom order, use drag-and-drop to organize the tasks within the list.
- Use the filters at the top right to customize the display (by member, smart-tag, task status, labels)
- Use the calendar icon at the bottom right to choose a display date and the arrows to navigate.
- You can also use the mini-map to the left of the calendar to see your whole project. Click on a specific area to display it.
- Adjust the zoom level with the slider and the icons at the bottom right.
- Project > “Settings” icon in the top right corner of the window to customize display options. For more information, please read the article dedicated to display options of a project.