The documentary base of a project allows:
- View all the attachments that have been assigned to this project or to tasks in this project.
- Manage the attachments (add, delete, preview).
Viewing the documentary base
To access all the attachments assigned to the tasks of a project, go to the project of your choice, and click on the paper clip “” at the top right of your screen.
You can distinguish between:
Attachments assigned to tasks with names in the “task list” and “task” columns on the board.
Attachments added directly to the project without a name in these columns.
It is possible to preview some attachments by clicking on ““. Only certain formats allow previewing:
bmp image/bmp ✓
htm text/htm ✓
html text/html ✓
jpg image/jpg ✓
jpeg image/jpeg ✓
pdf application/pdf ✓
png image/png ✓
tiff image/tiff ✓
txt text/plain ✓
Attachments can be downloaded by clicking on ““.
If you cannot find an attachment, you can search for it by words or numbers using the search bar at the top of the documentary base:
Managing the documentary base
Adding documents to a project
You can add attachments to the project from the documentary base.
To do this, go to the project’s documentary base and click on ““, with the selector positioned on “Project”.
Adding documents to tasks from the documentary base
You can also add documents to tasks from the documentary base.
To do this, go to the project’s document database and click on ““, with the selector positioned on “Task”.
You can then select the task to which you want to add the attachment.
To manage attachments directly in the project tasks, please see the article “Attachment to a task“.
Deleting a document from the documentary base
To delete documents from a project, go to the documentary base for that project and click on “” of the desired document.
Good to know: deleting a document is permanent.
Displaying attachments according to user rights
- Limited read-only: members with “limited read-only” status on the project can only see the attachments of the tasks assigned to them.
- Limited edit: Members with “limited edit” status on the project can read and add attachments only on the tasks assigned to them. They can only delete attachments they have added.
- Read-only: Members who are “read-only” on the project can view all attachments but cannot delete or add them.